Kase 3.3.1 will be released to fix an issue with iPadOS 14.0. More details to follow...
While iOS/iPadOS 14 features many welcome changes, it breaks a lot of things, even for apps that are not "linked against the SDK" -- i.e. existing apps that were designed for and targeting older releases.
It used to be that new OS releases and their new behaviors do not affect apps linked to prior SDKs: Newer, updated apps will get new behaviors and exiting apps continue sailing the old way, and do not get broken.
Those days are gone.
Kase's Boxes window:
- iOS 14.0 completely broke Kase here; certain simple UIView constraints actually crash the app.
- Kase 3.3.1 has be be made in a hurry to address this.
Kase's HEIF support:
- iOS 14.0 simply crashes the app; a certian HEIF function have been working all along and now it suddenly crashes.
- There is no simple way to fix this on our end, but fortunately iOS 14.2 beta seems to have this fixed.
- Meanwhile, either update 14.0 to 14.2 beta, or turn off HEIF support in Kase's Pictures settings.
- When Apple fixes this, you can use Kase's Picture Converter to convert newly captured non-HEIF pictures to the more efficient HEIF format.